Thursday 22 August 2013

New York Haul Part 2

So I decided this part of my haul would be mostly non-makeup beauty products with a few random bits at the end. Basically its hair products and body mists :) I love my Umberto Giannini curl styling spray and Umberto Giannini scrunching jelly. But this summer I wanted to test out a few other hair styling products. Since a lot of beauty products are cheaper in America I decided now was the time :) So let's get started.

The first products I picked up were the Pure Shine Curls lotion, the Not Your Mother's Beach Babe texturizing hair cream and the Not Your Mother's She's a Tease Volumizing Hairspray. The texturizing hair cream felt so funny. It's hard to describe. I've never tried a texturizing cream but I figured it was worth giving a try. Plus I needed a hairspray and I think there was an offer on Not Your Mother's products that week. I'm pretty happy with the curls lotion. It gives waves without making my hair hard or anything. To be honest I don't notice a huge difference with the texturizing hair cream but that's probably just me. As for the hairspray I think it works well for my hair.


A few weeks later I picked up Tresemme  Keratin Smoothing serum and Tresemme 24 Hour Body non-aerosol hairspray. I'm trying to grow my hair so I wanted keratin. Tresemme was having an offer in the local Stop and Shop 2 for $7 so I picked these 2. I love them. I go for the non aerosol hairspray before any other hairspray for now anyway haha. I use my Keratin Smoothing serum after I wash my hair and I love it. Although lately I've noticed my hair is still pretty frizzy when it dries so I have to put a little more in which I don't like doing cause to much makes my hair greasy faster if I use to much of the serum.



Then there was Target (I went a little crazy in target with makeup :P). So I picked up a twin pack of the Herbal Essences curl boosting mousse. Years ago I used a Herbal Essences curling mousse. It made my hair so wavy I just loved it. I don't think this is the same thing but for all I know it could be. It doesn't make my hair quite as wavy as I remember which is why I don't believe it's the same product. Then again it's been years and I have been using the Umberto Giannini scrunching jelly for so long that I'm not used to the mousse anymore so it could be the same haha.



Then there is the body mists. I love perfume as much as the next girl but I find that after a while I can't smell the perfume anymore and I reach to put more on. Probably not a good thing cause most people around me can probably still smell the perfume. So lately I got into body mists. They are so light and fresh and if I can't smell it I don't feel bad spraying more because it's light and not overpowering in my opinion. So the first one I picked up was the Victoria's Secret Dream Angels in Kiss. I LOVE the Victoria's Secret Dream Angels line. My favorite was Divine so I was very disappointed when it was discontinued (at least I assume it was discontinued). My next favorite is the Victoria's Secret Angel Gold mist. Its amazing! I got it for Christmas and I've probably used half of it already! Anyway, I like Heavenly too but Divine was just my favorite haha. So when I went in I was stuck between Kiss and Blush. (I had a half full Heavenly at home so I wanted something different.) After going into Victoria's Secret several times and spraying the little cards who knows how many times I decided to go with Kiss and I think I found a new love! :D A couple of weeks later I went in again just to have a look around and the PINK body mists were on offer. To be honest I can't remember what the offer was but it was to good to pass up. I picked up a Summer Daze and a Surf Party for myself. They smelled so amazing I even picked up a few extras for gifts for friends. 



Continuing with the body mist trend, before I came back from America I went into Bath and Body Works. I picked up a few bits for a friend (You know who you are ;) ) But I couldn't leave without picking up a few bits for myself :P One of the sales people sprayed Pink Chiffon on my wrist and it smelled AMAZING! I just kept smelling my wrist as I walked around the shop looking for the few bits I went in for in the first place. I didn't want a huge bottle of Pink Chiffon even though it smelled great so I decided to get 3 mini mists because they were 3 for $10 and like I said I didn't want the full size (which I believe it $14 I'm not sure though). So I was there looking at the range of mini mists and I smelled Beautiful Day and it was so fresh and light I was just like that makes two :) I don't even know how to explain Cashmere glow it's like relaxing or something. Then the salesperson came over while I was looking at the candles and said Mahogany Teakwood smelled like an Abercrombie and Fitch store and he was so right! I just couldn't leave without it haha. I haven't used it yet but it smells so good I find myself smelling it now and again. Hopefully it smells as good when it's lit as when it's not. That is if I can bring myself to light it. Haha.




On the the next part of the haul. This is a kind of mix of products. First, I got three brushes when I was in America. The first one I bought was the ELF Studio Angled Contour brush. I never used to contour but recently I've looked up a few videos and decided to give it a try and I love it. I wanted a smaller brush so I could make a smaller line and blend it out. I was planning on getting the ELF Essentials blush bronze blend brush but I got the angled contour brush in the ELF Studio store in New York City and there was only a small section of ELF Essentials in the store and the blush bronze blend brush was not there. But I am loving the studio angled contour brush its so easy to use and I feel like I have more control than if I try to use a fluffier or bigger brush. The other brush I got (I actually got 2 of them) was the ELF Essentials blending brush. I got one in a Target early in the summer but it was the last one. Later in the summer I was in a different Target and when I saw they had more of the blending brushes I decided to pick up another after all they were only $1 (roughly 0.75! A brush for less than a euro you just can't go wrong!)



While in Target I also picked up two pairs of the ELF natural lashes. I only wore fake eyelashes for my 18th. I tried to wear them once or twice since but I couldn't seem to get them on right. When I saw these lashes I was like no but for $1 each I decided to give fake lashes another shot. I was pleasantly surprised. I liked how the glue came with a hard wand type applicator which make it easy to get the glue on the lashes and also allowed my to put extra glue on the outer corner to make sure the lashes were secure. It took a few minutes to get used to the lashes but after I let my eyes adjust I quite liked them. The only thing I didn't like was that it felt like the lashes weren't sticking on the inner corner. But I think that was just me not being used to the fake lashes and worrying that they were falling off or something haha.



When it comes to primers I'm not the most consistent person. I hate when my makeup wears away in certain areas though so now and again I pick up a primer hoping it will keep my makeup in place. I picked up the NYC Smooth Skin Perfecting Primer in CVS. I wasn't to fond of this product. I held onto it anyway. I'm hoping to test it out again one of these days but for the time being I'm using the Revlon Colorstay foundation and I'm happy with the lasting power of the foundation without a primer.



Another Target purchase, I picked up the ELF brush shampoo. I never used to wash my makeup brushes that often (horrible I know) but when I did I used to use regular shampoo or sometimes cleanser I wasn't really sure what to use but then I saw this product and I decided to give it a go. I'm happy enough with it but I have started using my Sephora cleansing oil to remove as much makeup from my brushes as possible and then I use the brush shampoo to get rid of any oil that is left behind. The shampoo on its own does get rid of some of the makeup but I feel like you have to wash it several times before it seems like the brush is really clean.



Yet another Target purchase. I swear I did shop in other stores haha. A friend told me about White Girl Problems months ago now. I never actually saw it in stores in Ireland. I assume it's around somewhere but I never came across it. So when I saw it in Target I decided to buy it. I go through phases when it comes to reading. Sometimes you can't get me away from a book or my kindle. Other times it could be a good book but I might just be more interested in my tv shows or just not in a reading mood. Lately I haven't been in much of a reading mood but I have started "White Girl Problems" by Babe Walker and it's really good! When I'm at home I've been leaning more towards movies and videos on the laptop than reading but I'm a little over a third of the way through the book and I recommend! :) So glad I picked it up! Wish I got it sooner!


That's all for now.

:)

2 comments:

  1. Bath & Body Works is the best though ;) so many things :O .x

    ReplyDelete
  2. yea i love bath and body works :D i was only in once or twice though cause it was soo busy when i was passing.

    ReplyDelete