Thursday 14 August 2014

NYX stay matte but not flat foundation review

Since NYX came to Ireland I've only picked up 3 things one of which was this foundation in the shade 04 Creamy Natural. The package says: oil free, water based, full coverage, mineral enriched and matte finished. I was so excited to try this product.


I was very happy with the colour match. At first I was using it with my Real Techniques stippling brush but it looked a little flaky at times so I tried it with my Blank Canvas F20 brush. I think the application was smoother and had a nicer finish with this brush. I really like the coverage. It does a good job covering the majority of my redness and spots.


I really wanted to love this foundation. I will admit I like it a lot more with my F20 brush but I'm still a little disappointed with the lasting power. I set it with my MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural in Light Plus like I do with all my foundations since I got the powder but this foundation still doesn't last that long. This foundation easily transfers more so than other foundations. During the day I try not to touch my face but when I do I can see this foundation on my hand something I never really noticed in any of my other foundations.

I think it was €9.95 so for that price I should probably be happy enough since it actually matches me unlike some of the other foundations I have had recently but I think it may be time to just pay that little bit extra for something like the Revlon Colorstay. I very rarely repurchase foundations and this one probably won't be an exception unfortunately. Saying that it is a good day time foundation if you don't mind touching it up during the day.

:)


No comments:

Post a Comment