Wednesday 17 September 2014

Today's Make Up

Hi there. I was doing my make up today and I thought I'd share how I applied everything. So I'm going to list what products I use then explain how I applied them.



Face:
Foundation - Rimmel Stay Matte in 010 Light Porcelain and Wet n Wild Coverall in 816 Fair/Light
Powder - Mac Mineralize Skinfinish Natural in Light Plus
Bronzer - W7 Honolulu
Blush - NYX Bourgeois Pig
Concealer - Essence Stay Natural concealer 03 Soft Nude

Eyes:
Shadows - Sleek Oh So Special palette shades Organza, Wrapped Up and Bow
Liner - Wet n Wild Mega Liner Black
Mascara - Rimmel Glam Eyes Lash Flirt Volume and Flirt 
Brows - Wet n Wild Ultimate Brow Kit in Ash Brown

Lips:
Lipstick - Mac Creemsheen in Creme Cup
Lip gloss - NYX Mega Shine in Salsa

Brushes:
Real Techniques Stippling brush
ELF Blending brush
ELF smudge brush  - not pictured
Bare Minerals blush brush - not pictured
Claire's brush for bronzer - not pictured
Other brushes from Ebay 

Personally I go back and forth between doing my eyes first and doing my face first. Today I started with my eyes. I used my ring finger to apply a thin layer of foundation and set it with my mac powder. I applied Organza all over my lid and blended Wrapped Up into my crease with a little bit of Bow under my brow. At first I lined my lid with Noir from the Oh So Special palette but then I decided to go over it with my Wet n Wild liquid liner. I applied the mascara but this mascara is a bit more than I like for  day time look. I prefer something a little more natural but it does the job. For my eyebrows I use my ELF smudge brush to fill in my brows. I used the lighter shade of the Wet n Wild eyebrow kit.

I have a lot of redness in my cheeks so today I wanted to try something I haven't tried before. I put a pea size amount of the Rimmel Stay Matte to the back of my hand and used my Real Techniques brush to apply a very thin layer on the cheeks and anywhere else I thought looked red. Then I used a small amount of the Wet n Wild foundation all over my face. Alone I don't like either of these foundations. They both feel quite heavy and the Rimmel one creases but I quite like them layered like I applied them today. I applied a little Essence concealer under my eyes. For my bronzer I start just above my tragus and blend towards my mouth. I really like the W7 bronzer in Honolulu. I think it's really good and it's very affordable I think it's around €3. Lastly I swept my NYX blush from the apples of my cheeks towards the top of my ear.

Here is the finished look



No comments:

Post a Comment