Saturday 17 May 2014

Getting the right foundation

Getting the right foundation can be a real pain in the backside. I am pretty picky about my foundation. I like medium to full coverage. It's hard to find a foundation with good coverage that doesn't feel thick and heavy especially on a small budget. I'm definitely open to suggestions by the way. :) I test the foundation before purchasing but I don't know how to tell if a foundation is more yellow or pink and which one I should be getting for my skin type. Any tips?

This time last year I was using a Maxfactor Face Finity 3 in 1 foundation. Over the summer I picked up a couple of foundations including two Revlon Colorstay, a Revlon Colorstay whipped, a Revlon Photo-ready, a Covergirl Clean oil-free and a Wet n Wild. A lot of Revlon I know. It was so much cheaper than buying in Ireland. I like the Revlon foundations although I think the Whipped one is a little to dark for me. All of these are in my New York Haul Part 3 except the Wet n Wild which I seemed to have forgotten to mention...oops. I picked up a Wet n Wild Coverall cream foundation in 816 Fair/Light I don't love this foundation but I don't hate it either. Matter of fact it has come in quite handy when I forget my foundation or when I'm nearly out. I have found it easier to apply with my fingers as it cakes up my brush after one or two uses.


Since the summer I have picked up a few more foundations including a Rimmel StayMatte, a Maybelline Dream Satin and a L'Oreal Paris Nude Magique. I thought the Rimmel StayMatte felt way to heavy on caked on me a little. The Dream Satin was okay not a favorite but not the worst. The most recent was was the L'Oreal Paris Nude Magique. Its so light sometimes I forget I'm wearing foundation. Its very runny. I wasn't to sure about it at first. I grew to like it once I got used to it. However towards the end of the bottle the coverage isn't quite like it used to be. Its hard to describe. The end of the bottle also seems to be a little darker.



The past few weeks I have been using the Covergirl Clean foundation during the day and the Revlon PhotoReady for nights out. I'm not loving the Covergirl foundation but it does the job for now.  I'm thinking of trying the L'Oreal True Match next. Anyone know if it's any good? How do you pick your foundation? Any one else find it very hard to stick to one particular foundation?


:)

No comments:

Post a Comment